So you just received your new Pebble Time or Time Steel. You’re likely looking forward to taking advantage of the watch strap choices available. Pebble has made it very easy to personalize your new smart watch in many ways. Aside from loads of apps, a standard 22mm connection lets you swap out with loads of watch straps and bands. Skip to the next section and have a look at the straps I found.
If you’re wondering how to change your watch strap the first section shows exactly how to do it. You’ll soon be able to add extra features or battery on a fully customizable Pebble watch strap. Several prototypes are being developed and we’ll talk about these shortly.
How Do You Change Your Pebble Watch Strap?
Changing Pebble Steel Watch Straps
Unlike the original Pebble and Pebble Time which uses a standard 22mm watch strap pin. The original Pebble Steel requires a tiny screw driver to unscrew the pin. Then you pull the pin right on through. Check out the video below by Smartwatch Fans on YouTube. If your rocking the Time or Time Steel then continue scrolling for your tutorial.
Changing Pebble and Pebble Time Straps
Below is a video from Android Central on how to change your Pebble watch strap (And Pebble Time). You’ll notice the handy tool he’s using to take out the pins. These are cheap to buy locally and on Amazon. If you want to avoid the inconvenience of requiring a tool you’ll likely be interested in the quick release pins as show in the second video.
Pebble Watch Straps With Quick Release Pins
Nato straps are very popular and durable. So I found a video by of a Nato strap being installed with the convenience of quick release pins. Straps with quick release pins may cost a few dollars more but I think it’s worth it. Check out the video below by x999x.
Choosing Your Pebble Watch Straps
There are loads of options to choose from. Since a Pebble watch strap uses a standard 22mm band and pin. It can be swapped out with almost any watch band you have lying around. Have an old watch? Try it out!
(If you’re interested in a stainless steel replacement then I suggest getting the official Pebble steel watch strap. Pebble is offering a competitive price and it’s only fair to support them.)
For all you other Pebblers here’s some watch straps designed to visually enhance your Pebble. (The following links connect to Amazon and they will pay a small commission on items purchased from this website. Thanks for your support!)
Pebble (First Edition)
- Wide Body is one of Richard Tracy’s range of wide straps in black, white, camouflage, or glow-in-the-dark. They look nicer than the original strap because they fit the design of the Pebble perfectly. With a reasonable price of $20 you can’t go wrong.
- Colorful zigzag or black/white flower by French Bull artistic designs and priced around $20.
Pebble Time & Time Steel Strap
- Hammer Time edition of Richard Tracy’s wide body straps. Again, they make your Pebble Time look way better and they’re well priced.
- Premium Striped Silicone Straps from Clockwork Synergy look fantastic and sell for $19 on amazon.
- Green and blue silicon watch straps from Clockwork Synergy also sell for about $19 on amazon.
- Red Leather Classic Croco Grain from Clockwork Synergy
- Lilac Purple Classic Croco Grain from Clockwork Synergy
- Red/Navy Striped Nato Strap
- Pink Leather Strap by GOOQ.
- Orange leather strap by GOOQ.
- Stainless steel strap by Richie.
- Black leather strap with embossed carbon fiber pattern by Swiss Reimagined.
Smartstraps For Pebble Time and Time Steel
Smartstraps will extend the customization of your Pebble by countless measures. Pebble has given open source rights for anyone to develop smartstraps and current prototypes are making huge leaps forward. You can be sure that we’ll be talking all about the options available.
Erik Migicovsky speaks in the video below by YouTube user Nilo Jain called: Pebble launches smart straps scheme for its watches
Here’s a video talking about Pebble Time features and the limitless possibilities of Smartstraps “This includes controlling robots”. Hope you found a Pebble watch strap you liked and let us know about the one you choose. It would be great hearing Feedback on your experience. “Video courtesy: Make Magazine on YouTube”