Wearable Tech Fashion, Entertainment, Health, and Convenience has all grabbed interest in the tech community. Trending concerns about the Internet of Things “IoT” and the direction of wearable technology have emerged. Large companies like Intel have stepped up already to help develop areas like this very quickly. This year, Verizon is announcing multiple 1 million dollar prizes in their Powerful Answers Award. (See Below To Enter)
What Is The Powerful Answers Award?
Verizon believes good ideas combined with powerful technology can help solve the world’s biggest problems. The Powerful Answers Award is a multi-million dollar challenge for entrepreneurs, companies and innovators worldwide to provide innovative solutions in Transportation, Emergency Response and Internet of Things.
Verizon is taking stage and shouting out. Bringing innovation at the forefront, they’re putting aside $6 Million for the best ideas in 3 separate categories. Transportation, Emergency Response and Internet of Things are the 3 main categories of the 2015 Powerful Answers Reward.
- First place in each category receives $1 million.
- Second place will get $500,000.
- Two third-prize winners in each category will receive $250,000.
A real kick start for innovation in 2015 just as Intel previously did with their Make it Wearable contest. Verizon is looking for new startups and innovators to provide the best answers to 3 questions.
- How can technology enable better, more efficient ways to reduce the complexities of transportation and distribution in the physical world?
- How can technology enable first responders and emergency crews to locate and save lives faster; what solutions can improve long-term recovery for survivors?
- How can using technology behind the Internet of Things (IoT) enable new intelligent actions that will have wide-scale and beneficial impacts in the following areas?
– Connected Health
– Smart Cities
– Smart Agriculture
Contest entries accepted through till June 18, 2015, at www.powerfulanswersaward.com.
Winners will also participate in a program designed to accelerate growth called the Bootup Academy.
Qualifying For The Powerful Answers Award
Before applying, it’s important to fully understand what is expected from the applicants. If you can complete the following steps with a strong position then you’ll make for a strong candidate in this contest.
- Select one of the Core Focus Categories
- Select one of the Core Focus Subcategories
- Describe the problem Entrant plans to solve in the Core Focus Category, and how Entrant intends to solve the problem
- Describe how Entrant’s innovation or product utilizes technology in its solution; and
- Describe the market opportunity and user base that the solution will target.
– See Rules